Category:Knights of the Purple Rose
Tradition Origins: Local chapters of the Knights of the Purple Rose began springing up overnight across Selentia after the publication of the semi-autobiographical (wholly fabricated) Knight of the Purple Rose, a story about a second son of a second son of a local Baron who took up arms to prove his mettle. Other prospect-less nobles (as nobles go) took this as inspiration. This fad has spread across Selentia.
Essentially, many Knights are the landless princes trying to make good and earn fame and fortune for themselves according to the strictures of chivalry. Many of them are "play-acting" it and are pseudo-cavaliers, while others are deadly serious.
- Tradition Edicts: The cavalier must show courage in the face of danger, mercy to those who have wronged him, and charity to the poor and the meek. He must be just and honorable at all times and in all things. He must defend his honor and, above all else, the honor of those he serves.
- Challenge: Whenever an order of the purple rose cavalier issues a challenge, he receives a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls against the target of his challenge so long as he is astride his mount. The bonus increases by +1 for every four levels the cavalier possesses.
- Skills: An order of the purple rose cavalier adds Knowledge (nobility) (Int) and Knowledge (religion) (Int) to his list of class skills. Whenever the cavalier uses Sense Motive to oppose a Bluff check, he receives a competence bonus on the check equal to 1/2 his cavalier level (minimum +1).
- Order Abilities: An order of the purple rose cavalier receives the following abilities as he increases in level.
- By My Honor (Ex): At 2nd level, the cavalier must select one alignment. As long as he maintains the selected alignment, he receives a +2 morale bonus to one saving throw of his choice.
- Mounted Mastery (Ex): At 8th level, the cavalier ignores the armor check penalty when using the Ride skill, regardless of whether or not the creature he is riding is his mount. Whenever he makes a charge attack while mounted, he receives a +4 dodge bonus to his AC to avoid attacks set against his charge. When making such an attack, he can add his mount's Strength modifier to the damage roll, in addition to his own. He also receives a bonus feat, chosen from the following list: Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack, Skill Focus (Ride), Spirited Charge, Trample, or Unseat. He must qualify for the feat selected.
- Knight's Challenge (Ex): At 15th level, the cavalier can make a knight's challenge once per day. This functions like a normal challenge, but the cavalier adds his Charisma bonus on all attack rolls and damage rolls made against the target of his challenge. In addition, he receives a +4 circumstance bonus on attack rolls made to confirm critical hits against the target of his knight's challenge.
Pages in category "Knights of the Purple Rose"
This category contains only the following page.