Category:Knights of the Pillar
Tradition Origins: Formed in response to the excesses of Isobaran nobility and born out of the so-called Gilday Riot of 1010, tradition of the Knights of the Pillar were technically an outlaw band of cavaliers. Largely supported in their efforts to combat the corruption of local Isobaran nobles and protect its peoples, its name was chosen to reflect its belief in the common man as the pillar of society.
Due to the outlaw nature of this so-called tradition, it is less accepted as a formal order of Cavaliers by the others. Moreover, its members often have some kind of colorful face covering, along with the elaborate dresscode the order is known for. Knights of the Pillar are often found carrying on its tradition outside of Isobar when their identities have been compromised back home. The order also possesses a distinct lack of leadership, which is also considered a necessary safety feature.
- Tradition Edicts: The cavalier must protect the lives and prosperity of the common folk, shielding them from the deprivations of those who would seek to cause them harm or exploit them. He must give charity when it is warranted and aid when needed. He must take no action that would cause harm or hardship to those who cannot defend themselves.
- Challenge: Whenever an order of the pillar cavalier issues a challenge, he receives a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls made against the target of his challenge if the target makes an attack against a target other than the cavalier. This bonus lasts for 1 minute. The bonus increases by +1 for every four levels the cavalier possesses.
- Skills: An order of the pillar cavalier adds Heal (Wis) and Knowledge (local) (Int) to his list of class skills. Whenever an order of the pillar cavalier uses the Heal skill on a creature other than himself, he receives a bonus on the check equal to 1/2 his cavalier level (minimum +1).
- Order Abilities: A cavalier belonging to the order of the pillar gains the following abilities as he increases in level.
- Resolute (Ex): At 2nd level, whenever the cavalier takes damage from a melee or ranged attack while wearing heavy armor, the cavalier can convert 1 point of lethal damage to 1 point of nonlethal damage. He can use this ability once each time he takes damage. This ability cannot be used to convert ability damage, ability drain, or energy damage to nonlethal damage. At 6th level, and every four levels thereafter, the amount of damage the cavalier can convert increases by 1.
- Stem the Tide (Ex): At 8th level, the cavalier receives Stand Still as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites. Instead of making a combat maneuver check to stop the creature from moving, a cavalier with this ability can elect to make a normal attack instead. If the attack hits and deals damage, the target must stop moving, just as if the cavalier had made a successful combat maneuver check.
- Protect the Meek (Ex): At 15th level, the cavalier can move to intercept foes. As an immediate action, he can move up to his speed (or his mount's speed, if mounted) and make a single melee attack. This movement provokes attacks of opportunity as normal. The cavalier must end his movement adjacent to an enemy. On his next turn, the cavalier is staggered and cannot use this ability again for 1 round.
Pages in category "Knights of the Pillar"
This category contains only the following page.