Category:Knights of the Cockatrice
Tradition Origins: The Order of the Cockatrice was originally founded by an enterprising Rosalian Knight and veteran of the Sendor war to boost Prince Verin's chances for the throne. They see in him an opportunity for greater personal glory than under the 'milquetoast', so far are they're concerned, Prince Gavril. The order was the first established and as the most 'colorful' and self aggrandizing, and rapidly captured the interest of Rosalians before spreading from there. The name, Cockatrice, is a direct slap in the face to Bludgun (as their national flag is the Cockatrice). Its founding is celebrated with a cockatrice hunt each year to capture the dangerous creatures in the most inventive and colorful way possible.
- Tradition Edicts: The cavalier of this tradition must keep his own interests and aims above those of all others. He must always accept payment when it is due, and rewards when earned. The cavalier must take every opportunity to increase his own stature, prestige, and power. Note: this is not an excuse to be a jackass during play.
- Challenge: Whenever an order of the cockatrice cavalier issues a challenge, he receives a +1 morale bonus on all melee damage rolls made against the target of his challenge as long as he is the only creature threatening the target (not counting his mount). This bonus increases by +1 for every four levels the cavalier possesses.
- Skills: An order of the cockatrice cavalier adds Appraise (Int) and Perform (Cha) to his list of class skills. In addition, an order of the cockatrice cavalier adds his Charisma modifier to the DC on another creature's attempt to demoralize him through Intimidate (in addition to his Wisdom modifier, as normal).
- Order Abilities: A cavalier that belongs to the order of the cockatrice gains the following abilities as he increases in level.
- Braggart (Ex): At 2nd level, the cavalier can spend a standard action to extol his own accomplishments and battle prowess. He receives Dazzling Display as a bonus feat. He does not need a weapon in hand to use this ability. The cavalier receives a +2 morale bonus on melee attack rolls made against demoralized targets.
- Steal Glory (Ex): At 8th level, the cavalier can steal the glory from another creature's successful strike. Whenever a creature other than the cavalier scores a critical hit against a target that the cavalier is threatening, he can make an attack of opportunity against the same target.
- Moment of Triumph (Ex): At 15th level, the cavalier can, as a free action, declare a moment of triumph. For 1 round, the cavalier receives a competence bonus equal to his Charisma modifier on all ability checks, attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws, and skill checks. This bonus is also added to his AC. In addition, any critical threats he makes are automatically confirmed. The cavalier can use this ability once per day.
Pages in category "Knights of the Cockatrice"
This category contains only the following page.